There are numerous options for traveling to and from the Burbank Airport! Scroll down to explore them.
The Airport is served by four Metro Bus lines (165, 169, 222, 294) and one Burbank Bus Line (Orange Route), providing connections to the rest of Burbank. There are additional Metro Bus stops located on Hollywood Way and Empire Ave.
- 165 – West Hills - Burbank via Vanowen St
- 169 – Warner Center - Burbank Airport via Valley Circle-Saticoy St
- 222 – Lankershim/Tuxford - Burbank Airport - Hollywood via Hollywood Way & Cahuenga Bl
- 294 – Burbank Station - Sylmar Station via San Fernando Rd
Additionally, the Metro B Line subway (formerly known as the Red Line), provides connections from North Hollywood to Hollywood and Downtown LA.
There are two stations which serve the Burbank Airport: Burbank Airport-South station and Burbank Airport-North station. Both stations are serviced by a complimentary on-demand shuttle that runs between 5 a.m. and 10 p.m. delivering passengers directly to and from the terminal.
These stations are accessible via two Metrolink Lines (Ventura County Line and Antelope Valley Line) which travel between Burbank, Ventura, Lancaster, and Union Station as well as the Amtrak Pacific Surfliner, which takes travelers to San Diego.
|Burbank Airport Station
|Coverage (End of Line Stations)
|Approximate Hours of Operation
Antelope Valley (Metrolink)
|Lancaster – LA Union Station
|6 a.m. to 10 a.m. (northbound) 5 a.m. to 8 p.m. (southbound)
|Ventura County (Metrolink)
|Ventura East – LA Union Station
|6 a.m. to 7 p.m. (northbound) 5 a.m. to 6 p.m. (southbound)
.5 – 1 hour (during peak hours)
|Pacific Surfliner (Amtrak)
|San Luis Obispo – Downtown San Diego
7:30 a.m. – 7:30 p.m. (northbound)
9 a.m. – 9 p.m. (southbound)
2 hours (morning); 4 hours (midday-afternoon)
More info about the Metrolink Antelope Valley and Ventura County Lines can be found at metrolinktrains.com
If you have five or more Metrolink riders, their Corporate Partner Program is a pre-tax benefit program that could help reduce costs for you and your employees while also helping to meet trip reduction goals (additional Metrolink details below).
Metro Micro is an all-new mobility on-demand service from Metro similar to Lyft or Uber that offers $1 rides anywhere within the North Hollywood/Burbank Zone. For a limited time, the first two rides are FREE! You can claim your free rides and learn more by visiting https://micro.metro.net/.
The Burbank Airport is surrounded by several bike lanes that provide direct connectivity to both Metrolink Stations as well as (disjointed) connectivity to downtown Burbank. Additionally, the Airport currently has two bike racks, which include a 9-space rack located in the current short-term parking structure, and a second 9-space rack at the Regional Intermodal Transportation Center (RITC).
Check out the BTMO’s Bike Safety Map for a comprehensive map showcasing the safest bike routes.
More biking resources can be found at Bike – BTMO.
Vanpooling has a multitude of advantages for employees, such as substantial cost savings, a positive impact on their carbon footprint, reduced parking demand, and an opportunity to bond with fellow commuters.
Other Programs and Services
- Metrolink Corporate Program – A pre-tax benefit program that allows companies and organizations the ability to offer transit benefits to their employees using a maximum of $280/month per employee. For more info, contact Amber Moyers, 213.452.0441, MoyersA@scrra.net.
- Metro Employer Annual Pass Program – Metro offers Employer Annual Pass Programs that are a high-value benefit and help to improve employee morale, health and attendance. Employers and employees may qualify for Commuter Benefits, which will significantly reduce the cost of the employee pass and act as a business tax benefit for the employer. For more info, contact Jocelyn Feliciano, firstname.lastname@example.org or visit Metro Employer Annual Pass Program – LA Metro
- TAP App – The TAP app is now available for both Android and iPhone smartphones. Use the app to add, manage, and reload your TAP card balance and to use your phone for contactless payments. The TAP app is compatible everywhere you use your TAP card. That includes BurbankBus, Metro Bus and Rail, and agencies across LA County. Download from Google Play and the App Store.
- BTMO Personalized Trip Planning Assistance – Contact us to help your employees plan their ride: 213-425-0966, email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit Burbank Transportation Management Organization at btmo.org/get-around for a list of transportation resources and mobility apps available at your fingertips.